- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must meet the skills and qualifications of the job.
- You must provide documentary evidence of your identity and that you are eligible
to be employed in the United States.
- You must be of good moral character and may not be under the influence of any medication,
drugs or other substance which may impair your ability to undertake your employment
responsibilities. By applying for this position, you agree to submit to a drug test
and authorize Murphy-Goode Winery to conduct any background or similar checks deemed
necessary by Murphy-Goode Winery.
- You must be willing to comply with all of Murphy-Goode’s policies outlined
in its Employee Handbook and sign all the employment documents and agreements normally
required of any of our employees.
- If you are chosen by Murphy-Goode Winery as one of the top 10 candidates, you must
be willing and able to travel to Healdsburg, California for approximately one (1)
week to be interviewed at times as scheduled by Murphy-Goode Winery for the final
selection process. Interviews are expected to occur July 18 — July 21, 2009.
Economy travel (to and from the airport in the city closest to your home) and hotel
accommodations will be arranged and paid for by Murphy-Goode Winery. You will be
responsible for any personal or incidental expenses.
- If you are chosen as one of the top 10 candidates, in addition to the interview,
you must participate in various activities during the interview process. Activities
may include tasting wines, commenting on wines in writing, on camera screen tests,
attending media dinners, and other similar events.
- By applying for the position, you agree that Murphy-Goode Winery shall have the
irrevocable and perpetual right to use your name, likeness, appearance, voice, biographical
information and video anywhere in the world, without your further consent and without
further payment to you, for any and all purposes including, without limitation,
advertising, publicity, and trade. This includes the right to copyright, reproduce,
edit, publish or otherwise use the such materials, in all present and future media
or forms, including, without limitation, newspapers, magazines, motion pictures,
television, radio and online.
- By submitting an application and a video, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold
harmless Murphy-Goode and its affiliates, and each of their respective owners, officers,
directors, agents, representatives, and employees, from any and all claims by third
parties that your video or any materials contained therein, violates the intellectual
property rights of such third parties.
- Murphy-Good retains the right to exclude candidates from the hiring process or terminate
the successful candidate for any lawful reason.
- You must sign up for Murphy-Goode’s mailing list to receive e-mails about
the job process and you may receive e-mails and other communications from the winery
- The closing date for applications is June 19, 2009. Murphy-Goode reserves the right
to extend this date in its sole discretion. Murphy-Goode also reserves the right
to stop accepting applications prior to June 19, 2009 if and when more than 5,000
applications have been received.
- If at the end of the application period, in the opinion of Murphy-Goode, no suitable
candidates have applied, the winery is not obligated to hire anyone.