WHAT YOU’D BE DOING
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Exploring the vineyards of Murphy-Goode and surrounding areas and discovering what
the Sonoma County Wine Country has to offer, from well-known destinations to off-the-beaten-path
- Tasting hundreds of wines and meeting the locals in our tasting room.
- Increasing your wine wisdom: while studying isn’t required, our winemaking and vineyard
experts will take the time to show you how it’s all done.
- Working with our winemaker, David Ready, Jr., to create a new wine commemorating
your job with us.
- Filing reports on your experiences, via weekly blogs, photo diaries, Twitter, Facebook,
video updates and ongoing media interviews.
Other duties may include:
- Tracking the local owl and raptor populations: There are hundreds of raptors patrolling
the vineyards, keeping the grapes safe from harmful pests. Monitoring owl and hawk
populations — particularly those that inhabit the new series of nesting boxes —
is helpful to our sustainable farming practices.
- Testing potential picnic sites: Sonoma County is full of scenic spots, and visitors
will need guidance on how to choose the best place for a picnic. Scout undiscovered
sites and test-picnic established locations.
- Playing Liar’s Dice in the Barrel Room: (We named one of our great Zins “Liar’s
The six-month, temporary position with Murphy-Goode Winery starts August 15, 2009.