Is anyone bullying or trolling you, and you want to know how to block someone on TikTok? TikTok is not resisting abuses, and even it has little strictness on content and communication policies. Like other social media sites, TikTok’s blocking characteristics is pretty wide-ranging. It also fines some criminal charges regarding the abuse of underage users. TikTok will hide their comments, videos, messages, and profile. Then, they will not show you in the search bar for their username.
Mainly, TikTok is a social media platform with 500 million users worldwide, where they share creative, motivating, and entertaining content through their videos or images. With a few clicks, you may also block an individual user and multiple users on annoying and offensive content. Let’s move to the next section to learn the blocking steps of someone in detail and the method to know if another user blocks you.
Block Someone on Tiktok (Easy Steps to Apply)
You can easily block a user if you don’t want to see his videos or messages. Thus, see the following steps for convenience:
- Firstly, open the TikTok
- Secondly, search for that person you want to block. You just need to visit its profile and click on the username in a video or message. Otherwise, discover the profile by tapping on the search bar.
- Thirdly, click on the three dots icon or three lines at the top of the right corner when you find the user profile.
- A menu will appear; select the Block option from it, and after that, click on Confirm option to verify your decision to block.
- Finally, you will stop following him, and all his videos will vanish.
Note: You may also report about the user through the Report button, and TikTok will show a list to select a reason window. Before submitting it, you need to mark a few boxes, but the menus are intuitive and user-friendly. Therefore, it does not take more than a minute to report someone.
Block Users on TikTok in Bulk
You can also block users in bulk; you don’t need to access all profiles individually for that purpose. This process can be done with a few steps and in a minute. So, go through the below steps:
- To open a window of options, click on the pencil icon in the upper left or long-press on the comment.
- Then, click on Manage multiple comments
- Now, select the comments of up to 100 users whom you want to block.
- The next step is to click on the More
- At last, press the Block accounts
Note: By using the bulk block feature, you may block up to 100 comments all along.
Way to Stop Tiktok Users from Sending You Direct Message
Usually, TikTok allows the friends to message directly, but if you want that, not all Tiktok user personally messages you. So, you can stop them through the below method. Following are the step by step methods to turn off the direct messages (DMs) on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok and click on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen on your Smartphone.
- Click on the three dots icon to open the privacy and safety settings on the next pop-up screen.
- Click on the Who can Send me Messages option under the safety header. Toggle the Off button to stop users from sending you direct messages.
What Happens when you Block a Tiktok Account?
You will instantly get a notification when you blocked any TikTok account that the user can not send you a message now. Moreover, the blocked account is added to your blocked list. Actually, block users can no longer view your profile at all. However, they will not receive any strike if the user searches your profile in the search bar, though your account is public also.
If they use the notification to view the video or comment on a video of yours. Due to privacy settings, the block user got the message that “You cannot view this user’s videos”. Furthermore, he is not able to message you again. Thus, there is no other way for block accounts to contact you once you block them.
Find who blocks you on TikTok
Here are the three different methods to help you; if you hit upon that someone has blocked you on TikTok. So, go through one of them:
Initially, you can check for the user who has blocked you by following steps:
- Firstly, open TikTok and then click on the profile icon.
- Secondly, click on the Following tab in the search bar.
- Thirdly, type the user name and press on the search
- In the end, if you don’t get any results according to your profile search. So, most probably, you have been blocked by the user.
Another way is by checking the tag or other mentions in the user’s posts. Maybe, you are not capable of locating the user or posts altogether. So, there is a chance that you have been blocked.
Apart from the previous two steps, you may search for the user directly by discovering the page through the below steps:
- First, launch the TikTok and then click on the Discover
- Second, enter the username for the next step.
- Finally, click on the Search If the search fetches result in no, then there might be a chance that the user blocks you.
Un-Block Someone on TikTok
If you want to unblock somebody now, it seems like you don’t have any inconvenience from that user’s content or may be blocked by mistake. So, let’s move downwards to apply the methods to unblock the profile:
- Open TikTok and move your profile by clicking the Profile icon at the bottom right.
- In the top right corner, press the three lines or dots to open your app and account settings.
- Press on the Privacy tab, afterward scroll down to the bottom of this page, and then click on the Blocked accounts
- A list will appear of blocked accounts. Now, click on Unblock next to any of them to eradicate them from the list. You may view the content easily of an unblocked user.
Modifying Safety Features for TikTok
It’s worthwhile to use safety options and menus under the privacy window. While you already know how to access that window, you don’t need to repeat the steps. Nevertheless, there are seven options to filter the content you acquire, and others can view.
Initially, there is a menu available to limit the comments on your posts and prevent others from a duel with you. These features are set to everyone by default, though you have put them to friends or disable them altogether. Furthermore, this feature also applies to TikTok reactions, but the best thing is that you may limit the users to allow the message to your friends. The app should be set like that you can turn off messages altogether.
There are additional options where others may know which videos you like, apply comment filters, and permit the downloads tab of your videos. Nasty and spam comments will filter automatically, while there is also a button to disable the feature. Additionally, you may also filter comments based on precise keywords. Above describing features are pretty helpful if you use the platform for promotion and marketing and a child’s TikTok account. You can also report any user by explaining the reasons on the pop-up window by clicking the Report button as described in the above section.
Due to a few reasons, people block someone may be due to inappropriate content, trolling without any genuine reason, or messaging you directly. So, without hesitation, block that user or report the platform about him. Once they get blocked, you are free from the hurdle whether you are using any social media platform like TikTok. You can also block multiple users in a minute. Hopefully, the above knowledge is quite helpful for you to make your TikTok account safe and free from unwanted users or followers. We are looking forward to your views regarding the article in the comment box.