Table of Contents
Youtube is definitely the massive & most visited streaming platform that you can access anywhere across the globe. Hence, there are many languages in the world, and YouTube supports almost every Language due to its availability worldwide. Fortunately, YouTube will go with its default language that you have set on your device. Moreover, if you wish to change the Language for a better experience. So here, in this blog, we will let you know the procedure to change the preferred Language on youtube.
Youtube is the quickest way to share videos with a mass audience, and you can use it in various languages such as Chinese, French, Spanish, and more. The platform allows its users to choose the Language that the site & app itself showed. Let’s move to the next section to swap the Language on Youtube.
Change Youtube Language on Desktop/ Android &iOS
Youtube is one the most famous app globally, which has incredible content in all genres and all languages. Youtube comes with more than 76 languages & you can easily choose your preferred Language. Here are the steps to alter the Language.
1. Changing Youtube Language on Desktop
So, here we will let you know about changing the youtube language on the desktop. Let’s move to the steps.
- First, you have to open Youtube.com and type your username & password to log in to your account.
- From the right corner of the screen, tap on the small round option displaying your profile picture to show the drop-down menu.
- Then, tap on the language option.
- On the other page, you will see a list of all present languages youtube can be showing. So move down until you locate the preferred Language. Then tap on it.
- Now, youtube will directly start operating in the Language you select. So to return to English or choose a different Language, just go after the same steps mentioned above.
2. Changing Youtube Language on Smartphones
Modifying the default language on Youtube on mobile is not as easy as it is on desktop. The Youtube Android and iOS apps reveal the system languages. So you have to alter the system language before changing the language on YouTube. So here, we will discuss how you can modify the Youtube language on Android and iOS.
Modify youtube Language on Android
- Firstly, navigate the Settings app on your android phone.
- Secondly, move down and click on System.
- Now, click on Language & Input.
- Then, Choose Language and select another language. If your desired language is not present, then choose Add language to add before turning to it.
- After that, view the Youtube app, then it should now go with the system language.
Modify Youtube Language on iOS
- First, view the settings app on your iOS device.
- Then, click on General.
- Now, opt for Language & Region.
- Next, click on iPhone Language and select the Language you wish.
- After that, view the youtube app, and it will display with the system language.
3. Changing Youtube Language on Mobile Website
If you do not wish to modify your Android or iOS device’s language, you should look into using the mobile web version of YouTube. It lets you alter the language similarly to how you do it on the desktop.
- View youtube in the mobile web browser and log in.
- Click on your Profile picture on the apex right of the screen.
- Then, choose Settings >Account and then pick the Language you wish to set.
Change the Language of the Content You’re Uploading to YouTube
Let’s explore the steps to alter the Language of the content that you wish to upload on Youtube. Apply the below steps to alter the Language of the content.
- Firstly, Go to the Youtube Home screen. And choose “Create.”
- Then, tap on the Upload video.
- Next, choose the video you wish to upload from the System.
- Move down and tap on the More options.
- Next, scroll and see Language, Subtitles, and Closed Caption (CC), then tap on the down arrow beside video language.
- After that, choose your desired Language.
- Then, complete the other steps for posting the video, and tap on Next.
- At last, when you complete the steps, tap on upload.
Edit the Language on an uploaded Video
If you mistakenly added the wrong Language when you first uploaded the video. So, you could also alter the Language by applying the following steps.
- Initially, open the Youtube home screen, and tap on the channel picture.
- Tap on Your Channel.
- Then, tap on Videos, and select the video you wish to edit.
- Now, pause the video if it begins playing; under the video screen, tap on Edit.
- Next, move down & choose Show More.
- After that, move down and under Language, subtitles, and closed captions (CC), then tap on the down arrow beside the video language.
- Then, click on the Language you want to insert into the video.
- When you are finished with the changes, tap Save at the apex of the screen.
Youtube is the largest video-sharing platform for creators, intellectuals, and everyone. Nowadays, it has become bread and butter for a massive audience and will continue to grow. Moreover, Youtube has a user-friendly interface that makes it convenient for users to change their language. Hopefully, the article will help you change the language on different platforms. If there is still anything you want to know, let us know. We will come up with a new solution for you.