Table of Contents
When was the last time you set your queue in Spotify? Do you have large playlists you don’t know when you add them to your list? If so, no worries; we will let you know how to clear unwanted songs from the Spotify queue. However, it is a handy tool for easily lining up various songs or podcasts you wish to listen to. It allows you to schedule your tracks quickly, then allows Spotify to run in the background without disturbance. So it’s convenient that the Spotify queue manages the person’s music preferences, but if you become bored of your old playlists. So it’s easy to add & clear the playlist. Let’s move to the guide that will assist you in removing the Spotify Queue.
What is Spotify Queue & How to Open it?
Spotify queue is the main thing that people do after installing Spotify on their smartphones to add their favorite music and tracks from their favorite singers. After that, to sum up, the songs, you can add the preferred songs to your Spotify queue, and you can easily do it by clicking on the three dots icons beside the desired track and then verifying it by tapping on the Add to queue option.
Moreover, on Android & iOS, you can easily find the queue option on the screen. When you play a song and have that song on the whole screen, the queue option will display up in the bottom right corner below the media controls. Furthermore, you can find the option on the desktop app and web player in the playback bar at the bottom of the interface, next to the media controls. After tapping the queue option, you can see all your queued-up songs.
Ways to Clear Spotify Queue on Various Devices
If you get bored with your playlist and want to modify it by clearing the old queue. So, you can easily do it as per whichever place you are using the Spotify by using the below guide.
- Launch the Spotify and open the current playback screen.
- Next, tap on the track playing and then tap on the triple icon on the lower right side of the screen.
- After that, mark all the tracks you wish to erase.
- After choosing all the songs, tap on “Remove” from the left side.
- Now, your list is clear, and you can again start adding your favorite songs.
1. Clearing the Spotify Playlist on Desktop
Creating space for new tracks in the queue is simple and needs just two taps in the desktop app, so apply the below steps to clean the queue.
- On your PC or Mac, launch the Spotify and tap the queue option on the right side, which will look like a tiny arrow set on the apex of triple horizontal lines. It’s beside the volume slider.
- Next, tap the “Clear” option on the right side of the screen, above the tracks in your queue.
- Choose a clear queue to erase all the songs.
- Now, check your queue is empty; you will no longer see the Next in Queue option; it will show you what Next Up.
If you wish to remove the songs individually from the queue, you can do it by applying the below steps.
- Tap on the Queue option from the play bar.
- Then, under the heading of Next in Queue, tap over the song you wish to erase to disclose the More options menu.
- After that, tap on triple dots to disclose menu options. Now tap on Remove from Queue to delete the song you no longer wish in your queue. Repeat the process on every song to remove it.
If you accidentally remove the song, you can add it again by tapping on the Recently played tab at the top of the Play queue page. To add it, tap More and choose to Add to Queue.
2. Clearing the Spotify Queue on Android & iOS
The best way to use the Spotify app is through the phone app on your Android and iOS. But when it comes to clear the queue, Spotify does not let you erase songs in bulk. Here’s how you can remove a track from the queue on your phone.
- First, you must start a song and ensure that the album art & layback controls are open on the screen.
- Then, click on the queue icon from the right corner; it will look like a small icon on top of triple horizontal lines.
- After that, click on the circle next to each track you wish to clear from the queue.
- Next, enter the “Remove” option at the left of the screen.
3. Clearing the Queue on Spotify Website
You must apply the steps below to delete the Spotify queue if you use Spotify on the web.
- Launch Spotify on the web browser.
- Play any random song from the queue list of songs on your screen.
- Now you have to find the Queue icon at the right of the screen. It will have triple horizontal lines with a play icon on the peak.
- When you tap on the Queue option, you will see your Spotify Queue.
- After that, tap on Clear Queue. Now it will remove all the tracks you have added earlier into the queue.
Still, Having An Issue in Removing the Spotify Queue?
First, you have to make sure that your phone is linked to the internet. If the Spotify mobile app is lagging, it all of a sudden stops responding, so in this case, manually offloading and reinstalling Spotify will likely fix the issue. Further, offloading the app will remove the app from the device without deleting its content. Consequently, you will still be able to recover and use these documents when you install Spotify from the app store or play store.
Now, you understand more about managing the list on Spotify and how to remove the unwanted content. Hence, there are various ways that you can use to clear the Spotify queue, as mentioned above. In case you do not see the queue icon when you tap on the menu, then you have to get the premium to take advantage of the feature. Hopefully, the blog will assist you in clearing the Spotify queue. Share your queries with us by commenting.