Table of Contents
How to connect a firestick to Wifi without a remote? Let’s go ahead with the beginning of Amazon: The Amazon Fire TV stick is an outstanding portable device used to watch streaming content on television. This fire tv stick is convenient for people traveling worldwide, and it is best for spending leisure time. Other than that, you need a wireless internet connection and a TV with an HDMI port.
According to their small size and quick setup, the Amazon firestick tv stick need only input the Wifi password of your hotel, house, and more. Once connected to the web, you are already logged into your Netflix account or the other streaming platform you use. Unfortunately, if you are outside your space and forgot to bring a remote with you, it might seem like you are out of luck because the device does not work without a remote.
The following article will help you immensely to connect a firestick to Wifi without a remote. You can continue using the device if you are already connected, so there is no need to worry about forgetting the remote at home because we are always available to help you.
How You Can Use an Amazon Fire Stick
A streaming device sold by Amazon is the Amazon Fire TV Stick. And it’s shaped like a USB flash drive and plugs directly into the HDMI port. However, Amazon claims that the firestick contains thousands of TV channels, including Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, HBO, and TV networks like sports, cartoons, and different niche channels.
Remember that downloading an app on your firestick is not similar to signing up for the account. If you are bored of free service with limited shows, buy premium subscriptions separately like Netflix, amazon prime video, and more. The firestick also comes with remote control with a built-in microphone. You can also command the firestick television by using Alexa. This remote can also control Alexa-connected products like ring doorbells, Philips hue lights, and Ecobee thermostats.
How To Connect Firestick to Wifi Without Remote by Using an HDMI
There are many stores in your country where you can find 3rd party remotes for Apple TVs, smart TVs, and more. These remotes work well with all types of TV and are made up of HDMI CEC. The HDMI-CEC (consumer electronics control) is a relatively new standard for consumer electronics, allowing for a high degree of interoperability between devices connected through HDMI. Most high-quality TVs support it, and it won’t be a problem if your television is compatible. Even though CEC released HDMI 1.3 in 2002, not every TV has integrated it because it is an optional feature.
Make sure your Fire TV Stick is enabled if you have a working remote or can control it with your phone. You can do it in just a few steps, thankfully. If you are in possession of remote control, use it. The following step will guide you below.
- Go to the settings > Display & Sounds
- Ensure HDMI CEC device control is enabled.
You may need to turn on CEC on the TV, and the option will be found under the TV settings menu. Now you may see the list of different but common TV brands, which include CEC. Unluckily, most TV manufacturers don’t call it CEC, they called branding it with their own made-up and meaningless label.
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) Features of Multiple Brands
The following list of some of the TV brand’s names, including Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) features:
- AOC: E-link
- Hitachi: HDMI-CEC
- LG: SimpLink or SIMPLINK
- Mitsubishi: NetCommand for HDMI
- Onkyo: RIHD
- Panasonic: HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, or VIERA Link
- Philips: EasyLink
- Pioneer: Kuro Link
- Runco International: RuncoLink
- Samsung: Anynet+
- Sharp: Aquos Link
- Sony: BRAVIA Sync
- Toshiba: CE-Link or Regza Link
- Vizio: CEC
Your Fire TV Stick should be able to be controlled from the TV remote as well as set up. You can see the active CEC feature on the TV after hooking up the Fire TV stick. While your device will not have voice control, you will be able to navigate using the TV remote’s navigational controls.
How Can We Connect Firestick to Wifi without Remote by Using an Identical Hotspot?
In some cases, you cannot connect to the Wifi even if you can configure the network with the TV remote. The router may malfunction, or possibly the Wifi Module, at this time, and you may forget to carry the Firestick remote. In the event the firestick already knows an SSID and a password, it is easy to duplicate them. You can easily handle the configuration settings with an identical hotspot if you have a separate hotspot network. The following steps can be used to configure the system.
- You need to create a hotspot network using your phone and the same Wifi address.
- Now change your smartphone’s SSID name, which set it to the same name as your firestick tv was connected in the beginning.
- Simultaneously, you can also change the hotspot password to keep it the same, and the next step is the configuration, which means enabling the TV and setting the firestick on it.
- Now go to the applications and install the firestick app on it, where you will allow the TV settings to connect to the same Wifi that is also connected with the app.
- At this point, you will have to open the application and then go to the setting menu. Here follow it up to the network page to configure the Wifi.
- After opening up this page, you will see that the application is automatically connected to the device, and you have to disable your phone’s hotspot.
This last step will allow you to complete the procedure. Now go to the fire tv stick without using any remote.
How Can You Connect Firestick to Wifi without Remote by Using the Fire TV Remote App?
Using your smartphone can be helpful if you do not have your Firestick remote nearby. By using the controls that are included in the Amazon Fire TV app installed on your phone, you can easily configure it. This application can be used on both Android and iOS devices and allows for easy device configuration. After downloading the app to your device or Fire TV, follow these instructions to connect to the Wifi network without the remote.
- Download the Fire TV app on your mobile and wait to set it up.
- Once completed, open the app by tapping on it.
- After opening the app, go your way to the setting page.
- Now, you will find an option named network. Click on the network option and choose to configure.
Here, the list of Wifi connections will show, and you need to choose the device which is connected to your firestick tv. Now, click on it and enter the necessary security password to set the Wifi connection to connect firestick to Wifi without using a remote.
Control Your Fire TV Stick with Your Smartphone & Another Device
The Fire TV Stick does not support CEC, or if you turned it off on your Fire TV Stick, you might wonder why your phone cannot serve as the remote. At home, you can control the Fire TV with your phone anytime, even with voice controls, since there is an app for your smartphone. Sadly, there is a catch, and It’s impossible to communicate directly between your smartphone and Fire TV Stick. The Wifi network needs to be the same for both devices.
Assuming you didn’t bring your home wireless network with you on your trip, your Fire TV Stick is already set up to work with it. Moreover, since your Fire TV Stick lacks an interface to connect to your local Wifi network, the smartphone remote control will not work since they cannot talk to one another. Fortunately, there is a clever way to solve the problem. Here’s what you need to do:
Easiest Steps to Control the Firestick
- Set up the mobile or other devices as a wireless hotspot. When you turn on the hotspot, set your SSID & network password like your home network.
- Get the Amazon Fire TV app for a second device and install it. You can use a tablet, a second phone, or a borrowed phone, and you will not need it for more than a minute.
- Now connect the wireless hotspot on the 2nd device, which is created in step one.
- At this time, your 2nd device and the fire tv stick are connected to the same Wifi network. It’s now possible to see the other one.
- Connect your Fire TV Stick to your TV. You can control your Fire TV Stick from your second device.
- Using the second device, connect your Fire TV Stick to the local wifi network at the hotel. Or wherever you are staying, and then reset the network connection.
- At last, disable the hotspot.
Now you can easily use either 2nd device or the first device as a remote control for the Fire TV stick.