You may encounter various blank pages in a document while using Google Docs, and if you want to get rid of these pages, we will let you know in this blog. Hence, while using Google Docs, sometimes we accidentally press Ctrl+Enter while typing or copying something from a different place with different formatting can create blank pages in the docs. But this is a prevalent issue, and you can overcome it easily. We will walk you through the various ways, along with some helpful tips, to delete the unwanted page in Google Docs.
Google Docs is the best choice for word processing. Thanks to their number of features and services that let us format a document & presentation. It’s quite simple to pick up and let you type up documents from wherever in the world. Sometimes a random page pops up from nowhere and irritates us. But luckily, it’s pretty simple to delete the page. So let’s move on to the next section to learn the several ways of deleting unnecessary pages.
Quick Ways to Delete a Page in Google Docs
It will only take a few clicks to delete a page. So here, in this section, we will discuss some ways to do it.
1. Delete Extra Text
If the issue with your project is too much text, and you see a page or two that you could easily skip, deleting that page will be straightforward. Just tap and drag your cursor to enhance the unnecessary text or image. Then hold the Backspace or Delete button on your keyboard. All your highlighted content will be deleted. It will also work if you want to remove a page’s worth of text from various portions of your file. Those omissions will eventually add up to an entire space page if you remove a paragraph here and there. So make sure that you are eliminating blank lines as well. Although they do not hold text, but a line break will still hold your space.
2. Just Hit Delete
So, you just tried pressing Backspace, and it did not work. It just returns you to the earlier page. Yes, this is how MS Word and Google Docs work. Although, you likely have not tried clicking Delete. For example, the delete key will easily remove that unnecessary blank page. Here are the steps that will help you do it.
- Put your cursor at the end of the earlier page and click on Delete.
- In case the above step does not work, try to enhance the blank page in google docs and press the Delete Key again.
3. Ensure Custom Spacing
If Google Docs guides you to put an amount of space after a paragraph automatically, it may result in a new page at the end of the file. Try the below steps to check if the custom spacing is to blame.
- Go to the Format within the toolbar, then place the cursor over line spacing.
- From the menu, choose Custom Spacing and try modifying the value after the paragraph to zero.
4. Adjust Page Breaks
Page breaks do not occur too often, but they do appear. So, you may not have memorized navigating to Insert and then adding a page break, but that is not the only way it occurs. The short key for inserting a page break is Ctrl+Enter; you accidentally insert a page break if you hover over the ctrl key. So just place your cursor suddenly after the blank space, and press the Backspace or delete key until it vanishes. The text following the cursor should then return to the page it belongs on.
5. Check Your Margins
If you locate that the page break is not the issue, the problem may be how your page margins are set; they are perhaps too large. So, to solve the issue apply the below steps.
- From the top of the document, choose “File” on the toolbar’s left.
- Then, tap on “Page setup ” from the menu list.”
- Now in the pop-up box, adjust all your margins to one inch ( or any size you want). The lesser the number, the smaller the margin size. If the problem was your bottom or top margins being too large, this should solve it and free up significant space in your document.
Use some Other ways To Delete a Page on Google Docs
The above ways help you in what you can do to remove an unnecessary page in Google Docs, but there are some tips to avert it from happening in the first place. Here are some valuable tips that will help you format the google document.
1. Use Section Break
You cannot call a file “well-formatted” if you do not use the section breaks. Add a section break by applying the below tips.
- Go to the Insert in the toolbar and tap on
- Now you can select the type of Break you want from the break Hence, a Page break makes a new page, a Section break (continuous) begins a new section on that page, and a section break (next page) moves to the next page to add a new part of the section.
2. Clear Formatting
It is a simple tool that lets you toggle any text & layout choices within the document to the default settings. So to utilize the clear formatting option, apply the below steps.
- Choose the Format tab in the docs toolbar and tap on Clear Formatting.
- You can change the appearance, layout, and formatting characteristics after resetting the document formatting for the selected portion of the whole document.
How to Delete a Blank Page in Google Docs on Android?
However, for many users who are using Android & google docs, the process is quite the same. But here are some quick steps on how to complete it.
- Launch the google docs app by tapping on its widget.
- Now, go to your file with the blank page you wish to remove and click on the Edit option; the icon will look like a pencil.
- Next, click on the three dots over the menu.
- Then, click on the Print style; this will delete blank pages.
If you wish to remove a blank file, you can do it here.
- Launch google docs. Now, tap on More or the three dots on the side of the file you wish to delete.
- After that, click on Remove to delete it.
The above steps also work for removing files in Google sheets & slides.
Deleting a Page in Google Docs on Chromebook
If you wish to remove blank pages in google docs on your Chromebook. Don’t worry; you can apply the similar steps mentioned above; we will also provide you with quick steps on how you can do it.
- Launch the Google docs app.
- Now, enhance the blank page you wish to remove and press the Backspace or Delete. If the blank page is at the end of the paper, point your cursor at the apex of the page until you see the Remove option emerge, so tap on it.
Deleting Blank Page in Google Docs on iOS Devices
You can install the google docs app irrespective of whether you have an iPhone or an iPad. Let’s move to the steps on how to do it.
- Locate the file you wish to edit on the google docs app on your iOS.
- Click at the start of the paragraph you wish to delete, and drag your finger below the screen at the end of the section you want to remove.
- After that, click on the Backspace or Delete key on your iOS screen. Then carry this for the other content portions you want to remove. Ultimately, the removed parts will decrease your word count, which will remove your page number.
Google Docs seems to be the best text formatting app, which can also break your pages, spacing, and organizing. But unnecessary blank pages alter a well-organized document and make it difficult to read. So, all you have to do is check the page and text formatting for proper breaks and spacing and get rid of the unwanted text and pages. We hope that our guide has helped you delete the unnecessary page and text and learn why they keep appearing in Google Docs. If you still need any help with this issue, feel free to comment below.