Table of Contents
Facebook has become a central hub for sharing the ideas & innovations shown to the world. Sharing features on Facebook is the best way to let people spread posts on their list. But, by default, your posts are only viewable by the individuals in your friend list. Other than that, it also means that the best posts you wish everyone to see cannot directly be shared. But, no worries, you can make your post shareable in just a few clicks. So here we will let you know how to make a post shareable on Facebook, as well as on the groups & pages so that the post can get the attention.
Undoubtedly, Facebook is the largest social media platform, with 2.85 Billion monthly active users constantly sharing images, videos & stories with their friends. Apart from sharing their own content, people also love to share other posts that they find useful or funny. But, if you wish to make your post shareable with others, so you have to activate this feature. Now let’s walk around how to do it.
How to Allow Post Sharing Feature on Facebook
If you want to post something on your Facebook feed and wish others to spread it. So you will have to ensure that the actual post is shareable first. To allow the option, you have to apply the below steps.
- Open your Facebook Page, and tap on the “What’s on your mind?
- You will see a security option under the Facebook profile name, so tap n it, and you can modify it to Public. Now your post can be shared by everyone on or off.
- If you choose “Friends” from the options, then your post can only be shared by anyone with whom you are friends. If you choose “Friends except,” then your content can be shared by any friends except those you specify here.
- On choosing “Specific Friends,” your post can only be shared by the individuals you mention here. Choosing “Only me” mean that only you can see & share the post. The last option, “Custom, ” lets you select a list of users with whom you wish to share the post.
When you are done, tap on the post to display the message on your feed. It should be shareable by those to whom you grant permission to do so.
Making a Post Shareable on Facebook via Desktop
If you want any Facebook user to be able to spread your post on the platform, then you have to create the post public by choosing the “Public” option while posting. Here are the steps that help you ask for your post on your desktop.
- Locate the post you wish to make shareable & tap the triple dots in the top right corner.
- Tap on “Edit Post” in the little popup menu.
- After that, at the bottom of the post popup, Next to the “Save” option. So tap on the dropdown options to bring the post’s privacy settings.
- Next, choose “Public” from the menu and tap on “Save.”
Making a Post Shareable on FB via Mobile App
The Facebook app shares many similarities with its web counterpart, including similar security features. So, if you do not like the web version, you can use the Facebook mobile app. However, it is the same process as in the web version. So let’s move to the steps.
- First, you must find the post you wish to make shareable & click on the triple dots in the top right corner.
- Now, tap on “Edit Privacy” from the menu.
- Next, tap the checkbox beside “Public” in the privacy menu. Then, select “Done” in the upper right of the screen.
How to Make a Facebook Post shareable on Page?
The following steps assist you in making a post shareable on your FB page.
- Tap on pages on the left menu from the Facebook home page.
- Now, tap on the page that has the post you want to share.
- After that, scroll to the bottom until you find the specific post. Tap on Share on the lower right of the post to spread the post with others. Posts on a page wall are now all ready to security level Public by default and cannot be altered. Any person who has access to the page has the ability to share.
Allowing People to Share the Post on Facebook Public Group
If you are in any FB group that openly views Public, anything you post in that group can be shared by members as long as you choose the security settings as Public.
- Tap on “Groups” from the FB home page.
- Now, choose the one that you wish to post on from the group’s lists.
- You can share in the groups you manage and those that have opened posting permission for other users.
- After that, tap on the “Write Something” option from the group home page.
- Here, you can make a post that you want & share in the group. As the group is public, so the share option will emerge in the lower right of the post. By using this, everyone can spread your post.
Allowing People to Share Facebook Posts on Closed Group
If you are in a private group, then any post you create within the group would not be shareable outside of it. If you want to create a post in the private group that others can spread, apply the steps below.
- Make the post on your own timeline and ensure that the post is shareable to the Public.
- Then, on the right side of the post, you will see a share option, so tap on it, and the menu will display to you.
- Next, select the “Share to Group” and choose the private group you are part of.
- After that, the post will be shared with the group, or any member who wishes to share it outside the group can go to the original post & can share it from there.
How to Create a Post Shareable after Posting it on Facebook?
If you have published a post on your feed without modifying the privacy settings, then no worries. You still have the chance to edit the settings for the previous posts. For this, you have to apply the below steps.
- Open your post’s history and choose the post you wish to share.
- Tap on the small globe icon underneath your profile name, next to the date of the post.
- Then, the privacy settings menu will emerge, so select the suitable settings that you wish from the list.
- Once you have chosen your preference, the change will be applied to the post & the users who have permission will be able to share the post.
Steps to Make the Future Facebook Posts Public
If you want to make your future posts publicly, apply the steps.
- First, sign in to your FB account & tap on the little downward arrow in the upper-right corner.
- Second, tap on Settings & Privacy from the dropdown menu options.
- Third, tap on “Settings.”
- Now, go through the “Privacy” option from the left side menu. In the “Your Activity” option, you will see the choice of “Who can see your future posts.”
- Then, you have to set this to “Public” to create all the future posts public.
Is it Possible to Share Facebook Posts on Other Platforms?
If you wish to share a FB post to other social media platforms, then you will need to copy the URL of the post, which can sound more complicated than it actually is, in order to copy the URL of a post & share it with others, the post has to be public. However, there is a technique for this as well. So let’s move to the steps to copy the URL of the public post.
- Open your Facebook account and go through the post you wish to share.
- You will see three options: comment, share, and like.
- Choose Share in the popup menu and choose “Copy link.”
- The link is now copied, and you can share it on other social media platforms.
Copy the link to a post that is private. You have to:
- Open your Facebook account and go through the post you wish to share.
- Then, you will notice that the “Share” option is missing & you can only see the comment & like options.
- At the apex of the post, you will see a timestamp, so right-click it and choose “Copy address.”
- Next, right-click & paste the link on the desired platform you want to share.
As you can see, there are various ways to make a post shareable on Facebook, and you can even alter the privacy settings of the older posts and make them shareable with others. Privacy modes come in handy when there are individual posts that you do not wish others to see. But in some conditions, we want to make the post shareable to others, as this helps increase the visibility and allows others to share one’s post. The abovementioned ways assist you in changing the privacy setting. Please inform us in the comment section if you have any queries about this guide.