Fortnite is a fast-paced action video game and has recently been given the option to play the game in split-screen mode with friends. The feature allows the two players to experience the royale game simultaneously on the same screen. However, a few limitations apply in split mode, but the overall feature is fantastic to introduce to friends and family. Fortnite chapter 3 has offered several great new things, such as the split-screen, sliding mechanics, weapons, and much more. If you do not know how to participate in split-screen Fortnite. So here in this guide, we will explain to you everything you want to know related to the split-screen.
Moreover, there is a lot of hype for the Fortnite games as they are the most competitive battle royale games and get more exciting when you play with a friend concurrently on the same screen. You just need a controller to come into action with your partner.
What is Split Screen in Fornite?
The split screen is the coolest feature in Fortnite, as it is always fun to play with a friend. If you want to play with a buddy, you’ll need two controllers. Then, a player must choose “Play Solo” and select the other player. The other player will need to choose “Join in.” So after that, the game will start in split-screen mode, and every player will have their own screen.
Play a Split Screen on Well-Suited System
The split-screen mode is the best feature, but there are exceptions as the mode is limited to Xbox and PlayStation console systems. The feature was operational in 2019, and Epic Games hopes to expand it to PC, Windows, and Switch users in an upcoming update. But sadly, there is still no indication of when this update will come. So now the split mode is limited to playing Fortnite on Sony and Xbox consoles. If you use it on Xbox Series X, Series S, or PS5, you will get an advantage from the frame rates of up to 60 frames per second.
How Can We Play Fortnite in Split Screen
If you want your friend to join the split-screen, it is the easiest process, and the steps are the same for all the consoles. Whenever you start the split-screen mode, make sure you have a partner, another account, and a controller for your friend. Then, follow the steps below to access the split mode.
- Go to the main menu and ensure that the controller is linked to your console and is switched on.
- Once it is connected, the second player should be invited to choose their account.
- After logging in, the other player will now emerge in the Fortnite Lobby.
- Next, you will be able to play in the games together and fight on your way to winning the Royale.
If the mode did not work, then make sure that your internet connection is stable, and there are a few exceptions which are:
- If your partner disconnects the game, then the split-screen session will also end.
- The screen only works during a match, and the menus and lobby will not be shared.
- You guys are not allowed to share your inventory using split-screen mode.
- Both players must have the same language setting to play in a split-screen mode.
- The most important thing is that split-screen is not supported on mobile devices, PC platforms, the Nintendo Switch, or Solos.
1. Use Split Screen Mode on the PS4 to play Fortnite.
If you want to play Fort-nite in a split-screen mode on PS4. You must have the spare controller, and a PSN (PlayStation network account) saved on your system to start the split-screen. So here are the steps you should follow.
- Open the game with your PlayStation network account and generate a duo or squad lobby. Since there are only two modes, you can play on PS4.
- When setting up the lobby, switch on the other controller and choose the spare PSN account when the console asks you, “Who is using the controller?”
- After that, when you select your user, a small menu bar appears on the screen. This will instruct you to press and hold “X” to sign in as player number two. Then it will ask you to attach the account.
- After that, you have to enter the code shown on the screen. So here, we will suggest you complete the process using a phone or other device, as it is complicated to navigate through the PlayStation browser.
2. Use Split-screen Mode on PS5 & Xbox Series to Play Fortnite
So here we will explain to you play Fortnite in split-screen into several consoles, although the game itself did not describe us adequately. So there are some steps we will explain to you.
- First, sign in to Fortnite with your main profile.
- Then, hit the Battle Royale Mode with the selected profile.
- Next, select any game mode for more than one player, for Duos, Threesomes, and Squads.
- After that, when we are waiting in the room with a game mode that supports split-screen, with the other remote, you start a session with the second profile from the Xbox Live or PlayStation, which in turn has a separate Fortnite account.
- If you successfully log in, press a triangle (PS5) or the Y button (Xbox One/Xbox Series X/S) with the first player controller to return to the waiting room, and the other player will join flawlessly. When both players are in the same room, they can play without problems.
Some Restrictions In Split Screen Mode
Split screen mode has some restrictions, so here we will describe them.
- They are valid for the Battle Royale Mode.
- The split screen can only move in menus once at a time.
- The other player who is your buddy must have a Fortnite account.
- It would be best if you had a stable connection.
- Moreover, split screen mode can not run on the Nintendo Switch or cellphones.
- If you play Fortnite in split-screen mode, the image quality will drop.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Split Screen
People love the split-screen mode as it allows them to play with their friends on the same couch and at the same time. The players can attack together against the other players. They have the advantage of seeing one another’s perceptions on the screen and allowing you to see with friends in sync.
But there is the exception that solo mode is not well-matched with the split screenplay, and you will be unable to participate in creative mode or Team Rumble mode. As the split screen is limited to the consoles, The other con of split-screen is that the split-screen will end if one player disconnects the game.
Upcoming Fortnite Update
Tim, CEO of Epic Games, announced that Creative 2.0 is approaching Fortnite in 2022. This will include several unreal edit tools as well as a new language for the entire community to use in creating Fortnite content. So, hopefully, people will love the new, upcoming update that will also contain the split-screen mode.
Most people love to play Fortnite on split screen as it allows them to connect with a friend on the same couch concurrently. So here in this guide, we have explained how to play Fort-nite on a split screen on different consoles. Let us know about your experience regarding the split screen. Do you like it or not?