Wondering how to turn on noise cancelling on your airpods? Airpods pro is the best among all other airpods and is the first noise-cancellation airpods Apple offers. These airpods quiet your background noise and allow you to focus on your music or work once you turn on the noise cancellation feature. However, most users don’t know how to enable noise cancellation. So in this blog, we will walk you through how to turn on and off the feature and how to use it.
Active noise cancellation is one of the coolest features of Airpods Pro and Airpods Max, a unique audio mode that blocks the outside sound so you can focus on your podcast or work. Active noise cancellation instantly functions when you first plug your airpods into your ears, but Apple offers some methods of controlling it beyond that. You can also manage it through the settings or control center. Now let’s move to the next section to toggle on the feature on airpods.
Overview of Noise Cancellation Feature
The noise cancellation feature will stop the unnecessary noise from the surroundings. Due to this, users can listen to media without any disturbance, along with the safety of their ears. However, the noise cancellation feature can be divided into three types: active noise cancellation, adaptive and passive.
Active Noise Cancellation: It uses anti-wave technology to create the exact reverse sound wave of the sound wave of noise in the surroundings. It will eliminate the sound.
Passive Noise Cancellation: Its effectiveness is due to external factors such as perfect foam for headphones. Due to this, a seal can be formed between the headphone and the ear.
Adaptive Noise Cancellation-like (ANC). Adaptive noise cancellation also uses technology to invalidate the surrounding noises. Still, adaptive noise cancellation uses advanced algorithms to hear and adapt to surrounding noises, resulting in near-perfect noise cancellation for the best performance of all three types.
Different Ways to Turn on Noise Cancelling Feature on Airpods
The noise-canceling features of the AirPods Pro provide a high-quality experience. To get the perfect sound from noise control, use noise-canceling on Airpods pro. There are different ways to do this. Here are the steps that help you toggle on noise cancellation.
1. Using Siri to Turn on Noise Cancellation
The simplest way to toggle on noise cancellation, toggle on transparency mode, or toggle off both features is to command Siri simply. Just say whatever you want to Siri.
- “Hey Siri, toggle on/off noise cancellation feature.”
- “Hey Siri, switch on/off transparency mode.” And Siri will perform the task.
2. Using Control Center to Allow Noise Cancellation
You can also turn the feature on the control center or transparency mode.
- View your iPhone’s control center. If you are using a Touch ID phone, swap up the screen. If you are on a Face ID iPhone, move down diagonally from the top-right of the screen.
- Then, hard press the volume control, where you will see an icon showing the airpods pro.
- Here at the bottom, you will see an option for transparency, Noise cancellation, or off. So hit the one you want.
3. Using Force Sensor to Allow Active Noise Cancellation
Apple makes it simple to use the airpods themselves to switch on/off the noise cancelling feature. Once you wear the airpods and connect them to your phone, you can apply the below steps.
- Hold the force sensor on one of the stems of the airpods pro.
- Now, you will hear a sound, which means that the noise cancellation feature has been turned on from transparency mode.
Repeat the steps if you wish to disallow the noise cancellation on your airpods.
4. Using Settings to Turn on/off Noise Cancellation
The other way to use the noise cancellation is through the settings. So you can apply the given instructions to activate or deactivate the feature.
- First, you have to open the settings and then Bluetooth.
- Next, click on the info icon next to your linked airpods pro or airpods Max.
- Choose “Noise cancellation” under the option of noise control.
- When you enable the feature, your airpods will start blocking outside noise. When you wish to switch off the feature, go back to Bluetooth settings and click on the “off” option to disallow it.
How to Allow Noise Cancellation on Airpods Pro on Android?
If you are using your airpods with an android phone and want to know about turning on the noise cancellation feature, then apply the below steps.
- Long press the force sensor on your airpods stem.
- Don’t take away your hand from the sensor until you hear a sound. If you hear that sound, it means your airpods are now in noise cancellation mode.
- Apply the steps again if you wish to turn off the feature.
How to Active Noise Cancelling Feature on Airpods Pro for Mac?
It is relatively easier to use noise cancellation on iPods and iPhones. But, allowing the feature on Airpods Mac is a little difficult. You can either use the sensor or volume control options for noise cancellation. However, using a sensor would require you to place the sensor in the stem simply. For the volume option, you have to apply the below steps.
- First, you have to open the volume option in Mac from the menu.
- Then, choose your Airpods pro.
- Next, tap on the noise cancellation option.
- After that, tap on either the off or on option as you want.
How to Access Noise Cancellation Feature on iPhone & iPad?
When you pair and link your AirPods Pro to your iPhone or iPad, you can enable the noise-control features directly from the control center. Move down from the upper-right corner of the phone screen to view the control center. If, in any case, your airpod pro is not directly connected to your iPhone, you can manually link them using the AirPlay feature.
- Then you can click on the “AirPlay” icon from the upper-right of the Now Playing Widget.
- After that, click on your Airpods Pro to toggle to them.
- Now that your Airpods pro is linked, return to the control center. Here you can see the airpods pro icon in the volume control. Hit the slider to expand it. And then opt for the “Noise Control” option.
- You can switch between the modes: transparency, noise cancellation & off. So choose the “Noise cancellation” option to allow the feature.
How does the Active Noise Cancellation Feature work on Airpods Pro?
However, this feature is part of Airpods Pro and comes with two options: noise cancellation and transparency. These features will improve your listening experience by blocking out the outside noise. It also means that you can listen to anything at a low volume and can’t hear the outside noises.
Moreover, it uses the AirPods’ built-in microphone to pick up surrounding voices and uses software to filter noises. Transparency mode lets some noise in if you still wish to hear those noises. So, noise cancellation is distinct and significantly reduces the volume of everything around you.
Apple took its airpods to the next level by introducing the AirPods Pro with a noise cancellation feature. But, most users do not become aware of this feature in the AirPods Pro that helps with noise cancellation. You can understand everything with this guide about the feature and how to turn on the active noise cancelling on airpods. So it would be good if you follow all the above methods to activate the feature on your iPhone, Mac, and Android. Let us know about your most preferred way to activate the feature. How helpful is the noise cancelling feature?