The ability to archive posts on Instagram is quite handy as it conceals posts from your feed without deleting them. You can archive them by simply hiding them from your feed, and you will not lose any of the likes, comments, or shares. So, if you want to make it public again, you can easily unarchive an Instagram post.
However, Instagram is one of the most well-known social media applications used by millions of people across the globe. Everyone uses the platform to share images, videos, reels, and stories. For user convenience, the archive feature of Instagram helps them archive a post you have shared on your profile to conceal it from the profile and make it vanish. So your followers and other people can’t see it. But, if you wish to unarchive the posts, you can easily do it by following the below guide.
What is Meant by Unarchive Post on Instagram?
Instagram introduced the Archive & unarchive feature in 2017 that lets users remove pictures from the Archive despite deleting them. And whenever we want, we can unarchive it and make it public. Unarchiving posts actually means removing a post from the archives and showing it again on the profile. When you do it, it is placed on the date it was published at the time, and your likes and comments will also be preserved. Moreover, your followers who arrive at your profile can relate to the post again. If you reshare the post in your profile, you can archive it again whenever you wish.
Quick Steps to Unarchive Instagram Posts
Unarchiving is a straightforward process if you wish to bring a post out of hibernation and back into your feed. You can pick a post to restore from the archived posts at any time. To unhide the post, you should follow the below steps.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Then, move to your profile page by clicking the profile icon on the bottom right.
- Next, from the top-right screen, click on your profile icon. Then click on Archive.
- After that, under the posts archive, click to view the post you wish to unhide.
- Then, click on the three dots icon on the apex right of the post, then choose “Show on Profile” to unarchive the Instagram posts and restore them to the profile.
- When you complete the above steps, your post will be unarchived and will be visible to the followers and everyone who visits your profile.
Unarchiving Instagram Stories
However, Instagram also allows you to archive stories. You can quickly move up and down the side to see the various months in which you have posted. It will make it easy to dip into the old memories. Hence, it is one of the best features to see which posts performed the best. Now, you will be wondering how to unarchive Instagram stories so that they go back into the Insta story.
Here’s How You Can do it
- First, tap on the Insta story post you wish to restore.
- Second, tap on the “Share” option. Then, the story will be displayed on a colored background. It would not be exactly the same as when you first posted. If you have any polls, questions, boxes, or anything on the image, your followers will not be able to interact with them. But, if you wish them to be interactable, then you will need to add a new sticker over the previous one.
- Although, you can also remove the date of the image by pressing it and swiping it down into the trash.
- Once you are done, add the post to the story. That’s how you can easily unarchive story posts and restore them to your feed again. If you wish that your followers could see the story for a long time, the only way is to put them on a story highlight.
- The other way to make it displayable is to tap the three dots on the story you wish to unarchive. You can tap share as a post and upload it as a normal post.
When you unarchive an insta story into your current story, it will have new interactions and views. It would not add to the previous views. You can select friends you wish to share the story with. You can also share Insta archived stories with a particular person if you do not wish to make them public.
How to Unarchive Post on Instagram: FAQs
Q1. What happens when you archive the posts on Instagram?
Ans. You archived the image you shared in order to remove it from your feed and prevent your followers from seeing it; however, when you hide a post, it retains all of its likes and comments. So click on the profile picture and click on the post you would like to hide.
Q2. Why does my insta account have no archive feature?
Ans. There are so many reasons why Instagram does not have an archive feature. The main reason is that you have not switched on the share feature from the settings. So to do this, open the profile, then click on three lines from the top left side and choose “Settings.” Next, scroll down, click “Archive,” and ensure the toggle is on.
Deleting content on insta means losing all the engagement permanently. So, in this case, Instagram features Archive and unarchive are the best that give you control over the posts. Suppose you are using Instagram for business purposes. In that case, this is the most productive way of using posts and media at various times for seasonal offers that can be used annually or regularly.
Moreover, it allows you to store images or posts you might wish to reuse later, hold onto them for personal reasons, or even adjust them. So, with the above guide to unarchive post on Instagram, you can use these features to manage your content. Share your experience with us by commenting on this feature’s usefulness.