In what ways can nicotinamide riboside can affect your health?
What is nicotinamide riboside?
Nicotinamide riboside is asubstitute form of vitamin B3. It is also called as niagen. All the forms of vitamin B3 are converted by our body into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and in the same way, niagen is also converted into NAD+.
What is nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+?)
NAD+ is a coenzyme that is present in each cell of our body. It is involved in the fundamental biological processes. It is a chemical that aids the production of energy from sugar. Moreover, it is also involved in the repair of DNA and many other functions of the cells.
The lessening of NAD+ is linked with the signs of aging and other diseases that affect the aged people mostly such as metabolic disorders, cancer, and neurnodegenerative diseases.
Benefits of nicotinamide riboside?
Nicotinamide riboside has some unbelievable numerous benefits. It is a form of vitamin B3, which is very helpful for our cells and body.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the amazing benefits of niagen.
1- Helps to maintain a healthy metabolic function
The presence of niagen in our cells makes them active metabolically and they become more effective so they efficiently convert the food into energy.
2- Helps in anti-aging
As our age increases, the amount of NAD+ in our body tends to reduce and it leads to some serious diseases like diabetes, cancer, and blood sugar. That is why NAD+ is a powerful enzyme that helps in anti-aging.
3- Maintains mitochondrial function
It supports to maintain mitochondrial function by restoring a cellular repair pathway.
4- Aids the liver function
The NR also supports the liver function as the liver cells are one of the most metabolically active cells in our body.
5- Helps in the healthy functioning of the brain
Another benefit of the NR is that it also supports the functioning of brain health.
6-Produces cellular energy
When the food is digested into metabolic components i.e. fats, sugars, and amino acids, then these components are used by mitochondria to make cellular fuel which makes us energetic and lots of energy is produced in our body.
7- Provides energy for muscles
The nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), generates the energy that is needed to both contract and relax the muscles.
8- Repair of DNA
As we get older, our DNA repairs decline with time. NAD+ helps in DNA repairs.
9- Promotes better sleep
One of the benefits of NR is that it promotes better and healthy sleep.
Foods that increases nicotinamide riboside
There is a way to increase NR naturally which is by consuming foods that are rich in NR. Here are some of them.
- Fish: Fish is nutritious, and it increases the levels of NAD+ in our body.
- Milk: Milk is another item that levels up NAD+.
- Green vegetables: Green vegetables also helps in the increase of NAD+ levels in our body.
- Mushrooms: mushroom is another source of NAD+.
- Yeast: surprisingly, yeast also contains NAR which is converted into NR.
- Whole grains: whole grains also elevates the levels of NAD+ in our body.
- Avocados: avocados are a healthy source of vitamin B3 which increases the NAD+.
- Chicken: Chicken is rich in protein and it is very helpful in increasing the levels of NAD+ in our body.
The vegetables, milk, grains, and mushrooms should be consumed raw because when they are cooked, they lose their nutrition, so avoid processed foods. Another way to increase the levels of NAD+ is by taking nicotinamide riboside supplements.
Other ways to increase NAD+ in our body
There are some other ways to boost the levels of NAD+ in our body other than food consumption.
- Exercise: a very easy and convenient way to maintain your health and skin is exercise. Exercise also helps in increasing the NAD+ levels in our body naturally.
- Fasting: fasting is a very effective way to boost your NAD+ levels.
- Protection from too much sunlight: exposure to too much sunlight can reduce the levels of NAD+ in our body, so try to protect yourself from going in too much sunlight.
- Cut down the consumption of alcohol: alcohol tends to reduce the efficiency of NAD+ in our body. So one should stop consuming alcohol for the production of NAD+.
Side effects of nicotinamide riboside
Generally, there are no harmful side effects of nicotinamide riboside. It is safe for human beings to consume and a healthy form of vitamin B3. Moreover, it enhances the levels of NAD+ which is very beneficial for health as it has remarkable benefits.
A very few people reported having symptoms like nausea, fatigue, headaches, indigestion, and diarrhea.
Nicotinamide riboside, also called as niagen, is a family member of vitamin B3 that is converted into nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+). NAD+ is responsible for DNA repair and other cell functions. NR helps in anti-aging as it boosts the levels of NAD+ in our body.